The South Carolina Public Charter School District (SCPCSD) is looking for an energetic and self-motivated District Assessment Coordinator to serve the district and its schools. The incumbent will be responsible for managing all state assessments and the school’s administration of each; working with the Chief Program Officer on a variety of tasks; overseeing the process of state reimbursement of assessments; and management of data systems
- As the District Test Coordinator (DTC), oversees and manages distinct state assessments, inclusive of materials coordination, communication management, provision of technical assistance and required training, establishes testing windows, as well as heightened monitoring in situations of administration violation and noncompliance. In instances of testing violation, investigate, document, and submit required evidence to appropriate oversight agencies, and provide proper non-compliance notice to impacted schools. Collaborate with district staff to ensure compliant implementation and oversight activities of student group specific assessments. Collects, compiles and submits Online Testing Waiver Request Forms for schools to the SCDE for presentation to, and approval of, the State Board of Education.
- Serves as the account manager for all in-house and state-supported data systems that require the continual establishment, maintenance, and periodic review of school-level accounts, including those pertaining to state assessment, school accountability, and data management such as the DRC, WIDA-AMS, NWEA, Enrich Assess, SC Career Ready Test, KRA, myIGDIs, SAT, ACT, and the SCDE Member Center Portal.
- Provides oversight of precoding processes and the provision of support where relevant, in error clearance in areas such as student demographics, enrollment, SPED, LEP, ninth grade code, missing homeroom, etc.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports test participation rates for schools on state-mandated assessments, as well as those tests which feed into accountability requirements, such as selected primary grade assessments, summer reading assessments, and career readiness tests. Collects, compiles and submits Students Not Tested (SNT) required documentation to the SCDE. Verifies all established guidelines were followed and proper documentation has been submitted by schools requesting an exclusion to exclude students from appropriate SCDE ratings and/or calculations prior to SCDE submission.
- Supports the Chief Program Officer in the onboarding of new schools, transfer schools, and developing schools in preparation to operate autonomously and effectively within the SCPCSD portfolio, including the maintenance of relevant guidance documentation and training modules, as well as ensuring the transmission of a school-level understanding of needed in-house infrastructure, staffing, and capacity.
- Maintains and stores district testing files and related records in alignment with best practices around data security, transmission, storage, and SCDE requirements.
- Oversees the processes related to state reimbursement of assessments, including the collection and tracking of all school purchases and invoices in Epicenter, as well as coordination with relevant Finance team members for the distribution of relevant funding.
- Manages requests related to student records as it pertains to transcripts, transfers, and closures in compliance with federal and local guidelines. Serves as District contact for Enrich test score transfers to other South Carolina school districts.
- Monitors state and federal legislative processes for potential impact on assessment and accountability systems.
- Manages and oversees the District’s implementation of NWEA MAP assessments, acting as liaison between NWEA, District staff, and schools, and monitors contract for execution and renewal timelines. Executes school level supports for account access and user management.
- Assists the Chief Program Officer with projects and tasks as assigned.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Remote Work: In office four days a week, telecommuting one day a week.
Working Hours: 7.5 Hour Day between 6:00AM and 6:00PM
- SC State Health Insurance (BlueCross BlueShield)
- SC State Retirement or Optional State Retirement
Interested Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Jackie Snell, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 23, 2023.