Open Enrollment for State Benefits
October 1 @ 12:00 AM - October 21 @ 12:00 AM
The open enrollment is for those schools that participate in state benefits.
Open enrollment is October 1-31, 2022.
If you’re unsure what insurance coverage you currently have, log in to MyBenefits at mybenefits.sc.gov to find out. While you’re logged in, take a few minutes to review your life insurance beneficiaries and make any updates.
If you are satisfied with your coverage, you don’t need to do anything. Your coverage will continue in 2023. Keep in mind, though, you must re-enroll in MoneyPlus flexible spending accounts each year.
Any changes that you make during open enrollment take effect January 1, 2023.
Follow these steps to learn about open enrollment and make changes:
- Review the information at sc.gov/oe to learn about what changes you can make.
- Download the open enrollment worksheet that is available on the open enrollment webpage to plan your coverage for 2023.
- Log in to MyBenefits to review your coverage and make changes during open enrollment if necessary.
Highlights for 2022
- Copayments, deductibles and coinsurance will increase in 2023. Refer to Page 5 of the Insurance Summary for details.
- Active employee and funded retiree health insurance premiums will not increase in 2023.
- Partially funded retiree, non-funded retiree, COBRA subscriber, survivor and former spouse health insurance premiums will increase in 2023.
- Optional Life and Dependent Life-Spouse premiums for some age brackets will decrease in 2023.
- Supplemental Long Term Disability premiums will increase in 2023.
- Adult well visit coverage will be available for all State Health Plan primary members each year at no member cost.
Open enrollment ends October 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Once the deadline has passed, you must wait until either the next October or until you have a special eligibility situation. Special eligibility situations occur after life events such as getting married or having children. Insurance changes must be made within 31 days of a qualifying event.
To find more details about your insurance coverage, review the 2023 Insurance Summary, which is available on PEBA’s open enrollment webpage at peba.sc.gov/oe.